Today (11th February 2020) is Safer Internet Day.
That seems like a good time to remember a few simple ways to enjoy a safer Internet experience:
- Don’t use the same password for multiple sites.
- Be cautious of links in emails as they could be fake.
- Use a password manager.
- If something seems too good to be true, there’s a good chance it isn’t true.
- Don’t post personal details on social media.
- Don’t share holiday details on social media, as knowing when your house is likely to be empty may be useful information for thieves.
- Do keep an eye on what your children are doing online.
- Not everything you see or read online is true or real. Check the facts before sharing things.